Raise Your Hand Texas values the expertise of Texas public school educators. We have developed this platform as a way for these educators, to connect, share expertise, impart wisdom to future educators and ensure that every student in the state receives the excellent education they deserve.
You can engage with this platform in two ways. First, you can sign up to be a mentor for a Charles Butt Scholar. These aspiring teachers are committed to working in majority-economically disadvantaged schools and shortage subject areas. Second, you can join a learning circle to engage with fellow alumni and scholars on common areas of interest. Browse the circles available or suggest your own.
You can engage with the platform online, or by downloading the app.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network in the professional landscape
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT your alma mater through service
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell