Raise Your Hand Texas values the expertise of Texas public school educators. We have developed this platform as a way for these educators, to connect, share expertise, impart wisdom to future educators and ensure that every student in the state receives the excellent education they deserve.
Participation in the Charles Butt Scholar Mentorship program is a powerful opportunity to give back to the teaching profession and get connected with future teacher leaders across Texas. As a mentor, you will help an emerging educator develop the skills and tools to be the best educator they can be.
Raise Your Hand Texas Alumni can sign up to be a mentor for a Charles Butt Scholar. These aspiring teachers are committed to working in majority-economically disadvantaged schools and shortage subject areas. This platform is where you will manage your mentoring relationship. You can engage with the platform online, or by downloading the app.
The typical commitment is a 45-minute monthly connection, which can be fully virtual. However, your specific mentoring relationship can be designed based on you and your mentee's bandwidth.
Raise Your Hand Texas thanks you for your continued support of Texas public education!
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network in the professional landscape
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT your alma mater through service
- CONNECT with aspiring teachers
- HIRE the most promising new educators in the field
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
- SHARE your inspiration and experience with a tenured educator
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell